Are there days when you don’t even want to get out of bed? Days when you think everyone else has the perfect life, why isn’t your life like theirs? Have you ever questioned your self worth? I know I have. Are you genuinely happy for someone when something good happens for them? It’s hard some times. We look at social media and see all the amazing things people are doing and how perfect they look. But remember, what you see is not what you get. Only the best is posted.
Let’s take our focus off of other people and put it back on ourselves. Remember, there is only one of you and you are responsible for your own happiness. It’s not about being self-centered. It’s being the absolute best version of you.
For the next 30 days let’s do things that will improve ourselves. The list is probably not what you think it will be. Let’s do this…Together!
- This is pretty simple. Well…hopefully. Today resolve to say absolutely nothing negative. If the temptation arrises, don’t say anything at all.
- Random act of kindness. It doesn’t matter how big or small. Hold the door for someone, buy their coffee, donate blood.
- Give a compliment. Put a smile on someone else’s face, it will make you smile too!
- Only use your phone for calls. NOW THIS IS HARD. No social media. Ok, we can do this for ONE day!
- Buy someone you love something small. A card, their favorite snack, anything that says “I was thinking of you today”.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes. Even if it’s going for a walk, just being active in any way gives you more energy and makes you feel better. I know, I know, one day isn’t going to do much, but you have to start some where!
- Donate or toss out items. Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by clutter? Go through your closet or one drawer in your kitchen and clean it out. This may not sound like it would make an impact on you but it’s the small changes that reduce stress.
- Cleanse your Social. This is one of the biggest time drains we all do. Weed out the bad associations and who you follow. Do you really need to know what these people are doing? How does it help you become a better person? If it doesn’t, unfollow them.
- Take a picture of something that makes you happy! No, not a selfie. A sunrise, sunset, your food, your pet, spouse, a flower. You get the idea.
- Look in the mirror and say OUT LOUD what you love about your body. Yes, you can find at least one thing. If more, say them all!
- Write down three things you are thankful for. We all have something or somebody. Take five minutes before you go to sleep to write down three things.
- Eliminate sugar. Studies show that sugar increases chances of depression and can serve as a stepping stone to diabetes. How does that caramel frappe doesn’t sound now?
- Organize your purse. If yours is like mine, you cant find anything but you know it’s in there! Remember, clutter is stress.
- Leave your work at work and don’t take it home. This not only includes working on things but also complaining about your job, co-workers, etc. Spend true time with your family.
- Go vice free (coffee, alcohol, cigarettes, etc.) You can do it!!! It’s just one day! 😉
- Write down something that made you smile or laugh TODAY. As you are writing it, you will catch yourself smiling and/or laughing again.
- Text or call someone that means a lot to you and tell them why. Your friends are amazing, make sure they know how much they mean to you!
- Pamper yourself. Give yourself a facial, put a deep treatment on your hair, get a pedicure, get a massage, soak in a tub.
- Start a bucket list. If you already have a list, add to it today. This list will help you start setting goals of things you want to do or places you want to go.
- Cut out a bad habit. Some ideas include complaining, being late, excessive TV time, impulse shopping.
- Turn off all electronics two hours before bed time. The National Sleep Foundation studies show that the blue wavelength light from LED-based devices (phones, tablets, computers) increases the release of cortisol in the brain, which makes us more alert, and inhibits the production of melatonin, which is needed to fall asleep.
- Say thank you. Tell three people “thank you” today. The barista, grocery store cashiers etc. Not a mumble thanks, but a true “Thank You”. Thank a person that is not directly responsible for your well being.
- Drink water. You should try to drink between half an ounce and an ounce of water for each pound you weigh. i.e. if you weigh 150 pounds, that would be 75 to 150 ounces of water a day. Water lubricates the joints, boosts skin health, regulates body temperature, helps maintain blood pressure and so so much more.
- No complaining. Not about traffic, about your spouse, kids, job. None! Nothing! I wonder how many of us won’t have much to say today. 😉
- Avoid toxic people. Make a conscious effect to avoid negative people and stay away from drama. This is definitely easier said than done but make an extra effect today to avoid people that bring you down or cause you stress.
- Donate to a charity. It doesn’t have to be money, lots of charities need clothes and food also. No matter the amount, giving to someone in need is a selfless act.
- Write an encouraging note to your loved one or co-worker and place it where they can find it. It’s the small surprises that make someone’s day.
- Clean out old photos from your phone. Pick out your favorites and actually have them printed off. There are numerous sites that do this. I have personally used snapfish.com and even walmart.com.
- Get up 10 minutes early and spend that time praying, meditating or reading. It’s easier to face the day with a positive attitude if you begin with a calm mind.
- Write down three things from the past thirty days that you didn’t do but wish you had. Accomplish those today.
This 30 day challenge is about trying something new, different and fun. All while trying to focus on becoming the best YOU. Hopefully you have learned something about life and yourself. You may be a little healthier, and love yourself a little bit more.
You may also enjoy reading Love Yourself, For Yourself.
Have a Royally Pampered Day! -Our Royal Family
FB: Queen C Hair
YouTube: Queen C Hair
Pinterest: Queen C Hair