a feeling of self-assurance arising from one’s appreciation of one’s own abilities or qualities.
You always hear people say, “confidence is key!”. Sure, everyone knows that and uses the phrase whether they mean it or not. Confidence can be a difficult thing to come by though (especially after the few extra holiday pounds, am I right??), and every single person that walks this earth struggles with it in some degree. The good news? There are so many ways to boost your confidence from positive thinking to even things that make you feel beautiful on the outside, too.
We asked forty women of all different personalities what makes them feel confident, and here were the results:
4 out of 40 said killer shoes and a great outfit
2 out of 40 said believing in a higher power
15 out of 40 said hair
2 out of 40 said family and friends
5 out of 40 said makeup
5 out of 40 said being tan
5 out of 40 said health
2 out of 40 said knowledge
Can’t you agree that for example, getting your hair done or having your favorite outfit on can make you feel confident? Studies even show that when you feel more confident, you look more confident. So put that outfit on and tackle your day with a little extra pep in your step!
Ways to boost your confidence:
1. Fake it till you make it
2. Make eye contact. When you are speaking to someone, look them in the eyes. Eye contact is important for coming across as confident. It helps you make connections, appear trustworthy, and seem more decisive.
3. Speak clearly and slowly. Take your time with each sentence and make sure you enunciate your words clearly. Talking slowly allows you more time to think about and choose your next words more carefully. Talking slower is shown to engage your listeners more so than fast talking.
4. This one comes in handy… Keeping your hands together when you are listening to someone talk avoids fidgeting. When talking to someone, use hand gestures to emphasize your words to be perceived as confident by your listeners.
5. Smile. Smiling when you are feeling low on confidence is shown to improve your mood. It will make others around you smile, too!
6. Walk with drive and purpose. Walk like you have somewhere important to be.
7. Clear the clutter. A messy room or work space means a messy mind.
8. When you look good, you feel good. Do your makeup, put in your Queen C Hair Extensions, and put on your favorite outfit. We guarantee you will instantly feel like a million bucks!
9. At the end of the day, everyday, write down something you think you did well. You will feel accomplished.
10. Work it out! When you feel healthy, you will feel more confident- not just on the outside, but you will be proud of yourself for being the best you.
11. Next time you are at any type of social event, like a party, introduce yourself to someone and make a new friend.
12. Stop comparing yourself to others. Focusing on your positive qualities rather than comparing yourself to someone one else is going to do wonders for your self-confidence.
13. Say thank you! When someone compliments you, they are not trying to make you feel bad or embarrassed. They truly mean it, so accept the compliment instead of turning it down or denying it.
14. Accomplish something. Give yourself a challenge-something you can realistically expect to achieve- and then do it! It could be a task you have been putting off like cleaning out your closet or junk drawer, or a whole new fun challenge like taking a cooking class or exercise class.
15. Do the right thing. When you are forced with a decision, always take the action that lifts you or someone else up. Go for a walk, or take the time to call a loved one. When you do the right thing, you feel better about yourself and end up feeling more confident.
Write these quotes down and take them with you wherever you go, and when you are doubting yourself, remind yourself that you are perfect the way you are!
“I can’t think of a better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself” – Emma Stone
“She remembered who she was, and the game changed” – Lalah Deilah
“Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person that you are” – Mandy Hale
“When you do not seek or need approval, you are the most powerful” – Unknown
“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along. You must do the thing you think you can not do.” – Elanor Roosevelt
What can Queen “C” mean to you?… CONFIDENCE (a feeling of self assurance), CAPTIVATING (attract attention like never before), COLOR (when you don’t want to use chemicals on your hair but want a new look or added “pop”), CHARM (turning on the magic), CLASSY (high class elegance), CHIC (stylish, fashionable), or simply CHANGE (New “Do”, New You).